I observance of the celebration of National Disaster Consciousness Month, the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office is to conduct Mobile Photography Contest on July 31, 2017. For participant’s guidance, here is the complete list of the contest mechanics:
NATIONAL DISASTER CONSCIOUSNESS MONTH 2017
PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST MECHANICS
1. THEME: “4K’s Kamalayan sa Kahandaan, Katumbas ay Kaligtasan”.
2. DURATION: It will be held on July 31, 2017, 9:30 AM at MDRRMO Conference Hall.
3. PARTICIPANTS: The contest is OPEN to all SECONDARY School students in the Municipality of San Andres. Strictly two (2) participants per school only.
4. REGISTRATION: All interested participants must register at the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Office (MDRRMO) and fill out the Registration Form from July 27 to 29, 2017.
5. SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:
Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of ONE (1) entry only.
6. DEADLINE of submission registration form is 29 July 2017, 5:00 PM. The submission will automatically close and reject any entries that will be submitted after the deadline.
7. The entry to be submitted should be an image/photo with a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption”. The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
8. The contest participant is responsible for securing – prior to submission of the entry ‐ a formal consent from concerned parties if the image contains any material or element that is not the participant’s property, or if any person appears in the photo (i.e. subjects of the photo). MDRRMO should not ‐ in any way ‐ be held responsible for the contest participant’s inability to secure the necessary permission or consent for their submitted entries.
Photographs should be:
• Created and taken by the contest participant.
• Created and taken using a mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
• In full color.
• In LANDSCAPE orientation.
• Pictures should be printed in Matt Photo Paper, A4 size.
• Taken using the best settings of the mobile device.
• Taken from 01 July 2017 to 30 July 2017.
• Photographs should NOT:
• Contain watermarks or any identifying mark.
• Violate person’s rights, including, but not limited to copyrights and privacy.
• Previously submitted or won in any photography contest.
• Contain images of elected government officials.
• Edited or enhanced.
• Photographs must be framed and will be displayed at the MDRRMO conference hall on July 31, 2017 at 1:00 PM for Judging. MDRRMO reserves the right to reject entries taken using non-mobile devices.
9. The criteria for judging will be as follows:
Adherence to the Theme : 25%
Composition : 25%
Photographic Quality : 25%
Visual Impact : 25%
10. All entries must be pre-numbered. No other identifying marks will be allowed to appear in the artworks.
11. The tentative list of Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize – Certificate of Appreciation plus P 3,000.00
2nd Prize – Certificate of Appreciation plus P 2,500.00
3rd Prize – Certificate of Appreciation plus P 1,500.00
12. Winning and all other entries shall be the property of the organizers and will be exhibited right away after the competition on July 31, 2017.
13. Contest schedule shall be on July 31, 2016 (Monday) 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
14. The decisions of the appointed judges will be final. The actual scores and tabulations will be posted at the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.
15. The announcement and awarding of winners will be conducted during the Closing Program at the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Office on July 31, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
16. By joining this competition, the participants agree with the mechanics of this contest and all the provisions provided.